How to Start an Avon Blog
Blogs have played a big part in my success in selling Avon online. I am one of the top online sellers in the entire United States and I credit blogs, social media, email marketing, and other digital tools for much of my online success.
Emily’s 5 Different Types of Avon Blog Posts
1. Promotional: free shipping, discount offers, sales, campaigns
2. Products: new products, informative product posts, product reviews
3. Opportunity: the Avon selling opportunity, details on becoming an Avon rep, the benefits of selling Avon online, how to sign up to sell Avon online, and more FAQs
4. Tips for Representatives: sales tips, recruiting tips, leadership tips, ideas, incentives, training, and tools
5. Recognition: newsletter for your team, incentive results, new rep top performers, top sales performers, top leadership performers, birthdays, and anniversaries
Other ideas: industry news, how-to posts, beauty tips, personal reviews
Basics of Writing a Blog – How to Write an Avon Blog
1. Set up a Blog – start by creating a couple of blog posts on the yourAvon.com blog to get the feel for writing. Then look into a blog outside of the Avon website if you are going to be consistent about blogging like WordPress or Blogger.
2. Pick a Topic – Don’t let writer’s block get the best of you. With Avon, there is always news to share whether it be a product launch, new sales, or the start of the next campaign. This is good news for us because we will never run out of writing material. What is the purpose of your blog post? Decide if you are trying to get more online sales or you want to recruit new team members. Then pick a topic on a product, promotion, the opportunity, or a team / tip post.
3. Do your Research – Once you decide what you want to write about, find out how customers are searching for your topic. I like to use the free Google Keyword Tool or Wordtracker. Type in your keyword to see how many people are searching and how they are searching for your topic. Another way to find out how people are searching for your topic is to do the search yourself on Google on your topic. At the bottom of the first page of results, there will be links listed under “Searches Related to…” Pick 1 – 3 keywords related to your topic to use in your post.
4. Be Informative – When creating blog posts, provide facts and useful information rather than just your opinion. Try to repeat your keyword(s) at least 3 times throughout the article but make sure your sentences are natural to read for readers and not just created for search engine optimization.
5. Share on Social Media – Be sure to get in the habit of sharing your blog post URL on all of your social media profiles after you have published it. The whole purpose of creating the blog is to get more traffic to your website so be proud of your work and share it with the online world!
My Avon Online Sales Stats 2009 – 2014
- 2008 – 0 blog posts – wasn’t yet tracking visitors – $2,680 Avon online sales
- 2009 – 16 blog posts – 7,354 unique website visitors – $4,720 Avon online sales
- 2010 – 0 blog posts – 6,296 unique website visitors – $3,305 Avon online sales
- 2011 – 7 blog posts – 3,572 unique website visitors – $4,035 Avon online sales
- 2012 – 103 blog posts – 49,691 unique website visitors – $9,420 Avon online sales
- 2013 – 50 blog posts – 132,424 unique website visitors – $13,815 Avon online sales
- 2014 – 242 blog posts – 302,615 unique website visitors – $46,908 Avon online sales
Great news! You’ve been given exclusive free access to my Makeup Marketing training for being a part of the Avon nation. This material was created in 2015 so some is outdated but I think you’ll definitely find it worth your time to go through each video.
Please note: this material was created by Independent Sales Representative, Emily Seagren and is not approved or endorsed by New Avon. The material is outdated so take what is still current and leave the rest. Also note that it is free and I do not provide free support.
- How to Post the Avon Brochure Online
- How to Sell more Avon on Facebook
- How to Start an Avon Blog
- Tracking your Avon Statistics
- All About Pinterest for your Avon Business
- Tips on How to Sell more Avon Online
- How to Automate your Avon Marketing
- How to Convert Visitors into Buyers
- How to Recruit Avon Reps Online
About the Trainer, Emily Seagren
Emily Seagren has been an Avon Representative since January 2008. She sells at the Inner Circle level (over $220,000 annually), owns a Licensed Avon Beauty Center, Avon Store Rockford, Illinois and is a Gold Leader with over 1,200 team members nationwide (top 25 teams in the nation). In 2019, her nationwide team of reps, Avon Team Momentum, sold $2.6 million worth of products.
Emily has grown her business using non-traditional methods such as social media, email marketing, blogging, videos, YouTube, and Facebook. In 2018 and 2019, Emily sold over $100,000 of Avon online each year.
In 2015, Emily was awarded the prestigious award of Avon Woman of Enterprise. The Avon Woman of Enterprise award is presented to the Avon Representative who not only is leading and growing a successful Avon business, but does so while being a role model for other Representatives through her embodiment of the Avon Values of Belief, Integrity, Respect, Trust and Humility. Among the many North America Avon business owners, Avon selects only one Representative to receive this annual award.
Emily has earned over 30 all expense-paid trips to Hawaii, Punta Cana, Cancun, Puerto Rico, Hollywood, San Diego, Las Vegas, New York, Orlando, a cruise to the Bahamas, and a cruise to Alaska in her 12 year career. In July 2014, Emily had brain surgery to remove a benign tumor. She was especially grateful at this time that she had a built a big Avon business that produces when she cannot work. Emily is the owner of Makeup Marketing Online. She provides free marketing tips and training to Avon Reps across the country through blog posts and videos listed at www.makeupmarketers.com and www.youtube.com/user/
Annual Team Sales
• 2013 – $379,126
• 2014 – $513,687
• 2015 – $559,259
• 2016 – $1,272,181
• 2017 – $2,021,771
• 2018 – $3,009,240
• 2019 – $2,575,423
Annual Personal Online Sales
• 2013 – $13,813
• 2014 – $46,908
• 2015 – $67,143
• 2016 – $83,335
• 2017 – $88,379
• 2018 – $130,634
• 2019 – $103,142
Total Personal Sales (Includes Online)
• 2013 – $230,140
• 2014 – $193,033
• 2015 – $176,480
• 2016 – $193,482
• 2017 – $186,413
• 2018 – $282,196
• 2019 – $229,482
- Free Avon Tips: http://www.makeupmarketers.com
- Selling Avon Online: http://www.makeupmarketingonline.com
- Avon Beauty eRep: http://www.beautyerep.com
- Selling Beauty Online: http://www.sellingbeautyonline.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/emily.seagren
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/avonrepemily
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/avonrepemily/
- Snapchat: www.snapchat.com/add/mle1102
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/avonrep2/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/eseagren
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/your_avon_rep1