How to Sell Avon Online Successfully with Blogs
How to Sell Avon Online Successfully with Blogs – Blogs have played a big part in my success in selling Avon online. With almost 225,000 unique visitors to my Makeup Marketing Online website in 2014, my blog was by far the biggest referral source to my personal Avon website. As a result, I sold almost $46,900 in Avon products online and signed up 183 new team members through recruiting online in 2014 alone. If you want to sell Avon online and don’t have a blog yet, I suggest you start one! This page will guide you through my advice for starting your own Avon blog and marketing your posts to sell more Avon online and learn how to recruit new Avon Representatives online. As always, be sure to read your Avon Policies and Procedures guide to make sure your marketing activities are within Avon’s acceptable marketing guidelines.
Emily’s Avon Online Sales Stats 2009 – 2014
Emily’s Avon Online Sales Stats 2009 – 2014 – As you can see, the number of blog posts I created each year had a direct effect on how many website visitors browsed my website and how much revenue I produced in online sales. If you have never blogged before, you may want to start with trying to publish 1 – 2 new blog posts per week depending on how much time you have to dedicate to your online marketing. The longer you write and the more experienced you get at writing blog posts, the easier it will become to come up with topics and create a new post.
- 2008 – 0 blog posts – wasn’t yet tracking visitors – $2,680 Avon online sales
- 2009 – 16 blog posts – 7,354 unique website visitors – $4,720 Avon online sales
- 2010 – 0 blog posts – 6,296 unique website visitors – $3,305 Avon online sales
- 2011 – 7 blog posts – 3,572 unique website visitors – $4,035 Avon online sales
- 2012 – 103 blog posts – 49,691 unique website visitors – $9,420 Avon online sales
- 2013 – 50 blog posts – 132,424 unique website visitors – $13,815 Avon online sales
- 2014 – 242 blog posts – 435,382 unique website visitors – $46,908 Avon online sales and 183 online appointments
*Unique website visitors includes those who visited Makeup Marketing Online or my personal Avon website.
Action Step #1: Watch Emily Seagren’s YouTube Video on How to Sell Avon Online – Blogging for Beginners
Basics of Writing a Blog – How to Write an Avon Blog
1. Set up a Blog – start by creating a couple of blog posts on the yourAvon.com blog to get the feel for writing. Then look into a blog outside of the Avon website if you are going to be consistent about blogging like WordPress, Blogger, or Weebly. If you’re not sure which blogging service to choose, do some research on the Internet or join some of the Avon Representative Networking Groups on Facebook to ask for advice there.
2. Pick a Topic – Don’t let writer’s block get the best of you. With Avon, there is always news to share whether it be a product launch, new sales, or the start of the next campaign. This is good news for us because we will never run out of writing material. What is the purpose of your blog post? Decide if you are trying to get more online sales or you want to recruit new team members. Then pick a topic on a product, promotion, the opportunity, or a team / tip post.
3. Do your Research – Once you decide what you want to write about, find out how customers are searching for your topic. I like to use the free Google Keyword Tool or Wordtracker. Type in your keyword to see how many people are searching and how they are searching for your topic. Another way to find out how people are searching for your topic is to do the search yourself on Google on your topic. At the bottom of the first page of results, there will be links listed under “Searches Related to…” Pick 1 – 3 keywords related to your topic to use in your post.
4. Be Informative – When creating blog posts, provide facts and useful information rather than just your opinion. Try to repeat your keyword(s) at least 3 times throughout the article but make sure your sentences are natural to read for readers to follow and not just created for search engine optimization.
5. Share on Social Media – Be sure to get in the habit of sharing your blog post URL on all of your social media profiles after you have published it. The whole purpose of creating the blog is to get more traffic to your website so be proud of your work and share it with the online world!
Emily’s 5 Different Types of Avon Blog Posts
1. Promotional: free shipping, discount offers, sales, campaigns
2. Products: new products, informative product posts, product reviews
3. Opportunity: the Avon selling opportunity, details on becoming an Avon rep, the benefits of selling Avon, how to sign up, FAQs
4. Avon Representative Tips: online marketing tips, sales tips, recruiting tips, and leadership tips
5. Team: newsletters, recognition, tips, ideas, incentives
Other ideas: industry news, how-to posts, beauty tips, personal reviews – If you are interested in building both the sales and leadership sides of your Avon business (which I highly recommend), try to alternate your posts so that some are geared toward finding new customers and some are focused on recruiting new team members.
Action Step #2: Watch Emily Seagren’s YouTube Video on Blogging to Sell More Avon Online
How to Promote your Avon Blog Posts for Free on Social Media
How to Promote your Avon Blog Posts for Free on Social Media – With a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, 13 years work experience in marketing, almost 10 years in network marketing experience with 7 of those years being with Avon, I think I finally have a hold on what works for me with online marketing and social media. Keep in mind my techniques aren’t going to work for every Avon Representative so you need to keep trying different approaches and do what works best for you. When you figure out what works for you, it’s important to come up with a marketing routine / schedule that you repeat daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly depending on how much time you have to dedicate online. Be consistent, persistent, and keep going until you make it work if you are passionate about online marketing!
Since the majority of my website visitors come from my blog posts listed in search engines like Google, I know that I want to spend the majority of my time creating new content for my beauty blog. Another way customers and potential recruits come across my blog is through status updates I post on my social media profiles like Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, and Twitter. Once you have written a successful Avon blog post, you will want to share the link of that post on social media to get traffic to your website. Read the steps below and then watch the video for an online demonstration.
Emily Seagren’s 6 Marketing Steps for Promoting an Avon Blog Post Online
1. One of the first places I share my blog post is Facebook. I write a couple of sentences to entice followers to want to learn more and then include the link to the blog post. Depending on the type of blog post I have written, I will share the post to my Facebook business page and to my Facebook group. Every once in awhile I will share links on my personal Facebook profile but I like to talk more about Avon in an informal matter on my personal page.
2. I have Facebook automatically connected to Twitter so anything I post on Facebook is automatically “Tweeted.” You can connect your Facebook account to Twitter by going to: http://www.facebook.com/twitter.
3. I have also chosen the option on my WordPress blog to have new posts automatically shared on LinkedIn. Check with your blog provider to see if there are automated options to share new posts.
4. Since Pinterest is my third best source of referrals, I always make sure to pin any images from new blog posts on one or more of my Pinterest boards.
5. Last but not least for sharing on social media, I try to share all new blog post links to my Google+ profile.
6. The last step I take after publishing a blog post is to copy my own article and post it on my Avon blog. In order to get images in my posts on my Avon website, I copy my own articles on WordPress and then paste them into the blog using Internet Explorer.
Action Step #3: Watch Emily Seagren’s YouTube Video on How to Promote your Avon Blog Posts on Social Media for Free
Emily Seagren’s Marketing Tips for Blogging
- If you are just starting a blog, make it a goal to post at least 1 new article per week.
- Rotate the types of blog posts you create to attract a larger audience. For example: my blog posts can be about products, recruiting, promotions, recognition, and tips for Avon Representatives.
- The more content and posts you write, the easier it will become for you to blog. Once it starts getting easier for you to blog, try to post more than 1 blog post per week.
- Make your articles interesting and informative. Try to include images, answer questions your audience might be asking, and make your articles easy to read and follow.
- Be sure you have share and like buttons for social media on each post so your readers can pass the information on to their followers.
- When posting a blog link on social media, use 3 – 5 hashtags that categorize your post. Hashtags work on Facebook, Twitter, GooglePlus, Pinterest, and a few other social media sites.
- It’s always a great idea to have a subscribe option on your blog so that your followers are notified when new content is posted.
Makeup Marketing Online Training by Emily Seagren
- Makeup Marketing Online – Avon Training by Emily Seagren
- Makeup Marketing Online DVD & Workbook Bundles
- Makeup Marketing Training Recordings Online
Sell Avon Online Successfully
- Avon Tips for Selling Avon Online by Emily Seagren
- Avon Brochures Online – View Avon Campaign Catalogs
- Avon What’s New Brochures Online
- Avon Recruiting Tips – Emily Seagren
- How to Sell Avon Online Successfully
- Selling Avon Online Tips – Emily Seagren
Avon Tips for Representatives
- Avon Marketing Tips – Selling Avon Online
- Avon Recruiting Tips – Selling Avon Online
- Avon Selling Tips – Selling Avon Online
Makeup Marketing Online Pages
- Avon Brochure Online – Campaign Catalogs
- How to Sell Avon Online
- Avon Tips for Representatives
- Sell Avon Online Training by Emily Seagren
- Sell Avon – Sign up to Sell Avon Online
- Buy Avon – Shop Sales Online
- Makeup Marketing Online Beauty Blog
- About Successful Avon Representative, Emily Seagren
Avon Beauty eRep – Your Online Avon Representative
- Avon Beauty eRep – Your Online Avon Representative
- Avon Catalogs Online – Avon Brochures – Avon Beauty eRep
- Avon Catalog Request – Free Brochure by Mail
- Avon Coupon Codes – Avon Free Shipping Codes
- Avon Outlet Books Online – Avon Beauty eRep
- Shop Avon Sales Online – Avon Beauty eRep
- Avon Mark Brochures – Avon Beauty eRep
- About Emily Seagren – Avon Beauty eRep
Selling Beauty Online
- Sell Avon – Become an Avon Representative Online
- How much can you make Selling Avon? Sell Avon
- Selling Avon Pros and Cons – Sell Avon
- Sign up to Sell Avon Online
- Selling Avon Reviews – Sell Avon
- Make Money Selling Avon – Sell Avon
- Selling Avon vs. Mary Kay® – Sell Avon
- Make Money Selling Avon – Sell Avon
- Selling Avon Reviews – Sell Avon
- About Selling Avon – How does Selling Avon Work?