Free Avon Online Tips for Representatives
Throughout my Avon career, I’ve received numerous emails and calls from Avon Representatives asking for help on how to sell Avon successfully. For this reason, I created Makeup Marketers. Success requires hard work, dedication, and continuous marketing. It also takes time…you cannot build a successful Avon business overnight online or traditionally. However, once you build a solid business, you will reap the rewards and see the benefits of having repeat, loyal customers and building a team of successful representatives. My mission with Team Momentum is to help transform lives by teaching team members how to build successful Avon businesses through sales, team building, and leadership development.
Selling Avon Online – I love having Avon eCustomers because it requires less time to service these customers than traditional customers. When an Avon customer places an order on your website for Direct Delivery, the order ships directly from Avon’s warehouse to your customer’s house. If you’ve had online sales already, you know it’s much harder to get online sales than traditional sales so most of the hard work and time goes into your consistent income-producing marketing activities. While I don’t suggest relying on selling Avon online only, it definitely helps to have eCustomers in addition to your traditional customers.
When you take the right steps to promote your Avon website, you will see an increase in website visitors and hopefully an increase in online Avon sales as well!
Online sales take time but once they get going, they quickly compound! I know I say this a lot but look at my online Avon sales stats over time below. My first blog posts were awful and as I kept blogging and marketing my Avon business, it became much easier. I get most of my website visitors through blog posts. Once I create a blog post, I promote the link through social media websites like Facebook and Twitter. You can create blog posts about Avon products, incentives, the opportunity, news, and more. Use your blog to create a useful source of information for your audience.
Here are my online sales stats starting in 2008. Most of these results are from consistently creating blog posts about Avon products and the Avon opportunity every month. I’m showing you these numbers to help you realize that it takes time and a lot of hard work to build big numbers so don’t give up. Keep trying and improving…consistency is key.
- 2008: $2,700
- 2009: $4,700
- 2010: $3,300
- 2011: $4,000
- 2012: $9,400
- 2013: $13,800
- 2014: $46,900
- 2015: $67,100
- 2016: $83,300
- 2017: $88,400
- 2018: $130,600
- 2019: $102,700
Avon Representative Tips and Tools
Avon Representative Tips and Tools – Depending on how much time you have to dedicate to your Avon business, try implementing 1 – 3 new sales or recruiting activities per week. Not every method is going to work the same for every Avon Representative so be sure to repeat activities that have been successful for you and continue to do the same successful marketing activities every campaign.
Avon Representative Resources
- Avery for Avon Representatives – Labels, Postcards, and Marketing Materials for Avon Representatives
- VistaPrint – Great for making your own marketing materials and relatively inexpensive!
- Buffer – Automate your social media posts.
- Square – Process credit and debit cards.
- Constant Contact – Email marketing service.
- Zoom – Host Avon webinars and make screen shot videos.
- Animoto – Create Avon video collages.
- Pizap – Create photo collages.
- Mailmunch – Collect email addresses.
- Bluehost – Web hosting for your blog.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/emily.seagren
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/avonrepemily
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/avonrepemily/
- Snapchat: www.snapchat.com/add/mle1102
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/avonrep2/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/your_avon_rep1
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/
Avon Business Pages and Networking Groups
- Avon Store Rockford, Illinois Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AvonStoreRockford/
- Avon Store Rockford, Illinois Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/avonstorerockford
- Makeup Marketing Online Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/MakeupMarketingOnline
- Makeup Marketing Online Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/Makeup.Marketing.Online/
Follow Online and on Social Media
- Avon on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Avon
- Avon USA Representatives on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/avonusarepresentatives/
- Avon on Twitter – https://twitter.com/avoninsider
- Avon on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/avoninsider
- Avon on YouTube –https://www.youtube.com/user/AvonProductsInc
- Avon USA Representatives on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/AvonUSAReps
- Avon on Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/avoninsider/
Avon Recruiting and Leadership Tips
Although I focus many of my videos and blog posts on Selling Avon Online, there are also many amazing opportunities to take advantage of with the Avon leadership program. Many of the top representatives in Avon who earn a 6 figure yearly income have built successful leadership businesses by continuously recruiting, growing large teams, and teaching their team members how to do the same. I have found success in recruiting online through writing blog posts, using Buffer to automate my social media posts, customizing my Avon website to capture incoming leads’ contact information, utilizing Avon’s recruiting tools, and sharing opportunity videos.
Avon Recruiting Ideas – How to Get Avon Leads for your Business Online
Although every representative has to find their own way to be successful in both selling Avon and recruiting Avon Representatives, building an Avon team online can be very rewarding if you find your niche in marketing online. I love finding new team members and taking full advantage of the Avon online appointment process because it frees up my time so I can focus on revenue-generating activities like building my own sales business and helping my team members. In 2017, our team signed up 1,059 team members via Avon’s online appointment process.
Avon Team Momentum, led by me (Emily Seagren) is currently spread out across the United States. This is one of the great advantages of the online appointment, you can have team members all across the country. Another advantage of online recruiting is once you get the hang of it and start producing results every campaign, your pipeline is always filled setting you up to achieve the next incentive, cash bonus opportunity, or leadership title with Avon. When you have a steady flow of recruits, your team is always growing and no matter how many leadership levels there are or what changes Avon makes to their programs, you are always ensuring a pay raise for yourself. Try not to get caught up and confused by all of the different titles, requirements, and levels. Although it’s important to know the details, it’s more important to always being focused on growth (increasing your own sales and growing your team). Try focusing on the next step (next sales level or leadership level) instead of being overwhelmed by the requirements at the top of the ladder.
Emily Seagren’s Top 5 Avon Online Recruiting Tips
1. Write and Share Recruiting Blog Posts – I have a total of 5 different types of blog posts that I currently publish – 2 types (promotional and product posts) are geared toward finding new customers and 3 types are geared toward finding new reps and helping current Avon Representatives (recruiting, recognition, and tips). By writing a wide variety of topics, I attract a large audience to my blog.
- Steps for Writing a Successful Blog Post: 1) pick a topic (keywords or a keyword phrase someone might use to research the Avon opportunity online), 2) do a search yourself for the topic in Google to see searches related to that topic, 3) use some of the keyword searches related to your topic as your sub-headers in your article, 4) include your keyword phrase in the header of your article and multiple times throughout your post, 5) use at least one image in your blog post and give it the same title as your topic, 6) answer questions that someone who is performing that search are interested in learning about, 7) include clear, simple instructions one or more times throughout the article on how to sign up on your Avon team, 8) go through and bold, italicize, and hyperlink other related keywords that are related to your topic, and 9) be sure to include tags (I like to include 10 tags per post) that relate to your topic if your blog platform allows for keyword tags.
- Blogging Tip: Make sure your blog posts provide helpful information and consist of 300 or more words.
- Sharing your Blog Posts on Social Media: Once you have created a new blog post, be sure to promote it. I like to share my blog posts on my Facebook pages, Facebook groups, Pinterest, GooglePlus, Twitter, LinkedIn, and create a corresponding video to share and link of YouTube.
2. Use Buffer or a Similar Program to Automate your Social Media Marketing – To plan ahead and ensure I am posting equal amounts of status updates on selling and recruiting, I use Buffer to automate my social media marketing. When I schedule my social media posts ahead of time, I can be more methodical in planning what I post. It also helps me to stay off of social media and get caught up in being unproductive. Whether you are promoting your Avon business face-to-face or online, be sure you spend equal amounts of time on selling and recruiting marketing activities if you want to build both areas of your business.
3. Customize your Avon Website Home Page – One simple way to collect information from your website visitors who may be interested in selling Avon is by including the Become a Rep widget on the front of your Avon eStore. You can also include a short sentence in your personal message on your home page telling a visitor how they can sign up on your Avon team.
4. Utilize the Recruiting Tools in Avon Social – Share the featured videos and recruiting posts from Avon Social on yourAvon.com to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social media websites. Visit Avon Social frequently to check for new content to share in your online marketing efforts. The links that are shared on these posts will direct visitors to your personal Avon website.
5. Subscribe to Avon Products’ Official YouTube Page and Leverage their Recruiting Videos – Do you follow Avon Products on YouTube? Did you know they have several recruiting videos that you can take advantage of and share online with instructions on how followers can sign up on your team? If you’re not quite ready to make your own recruiting videos, use the ones Avon has put together to entice people to join your team. Be sure to include steps for how they can join your team when sharing Avon’s recruiting videos. Keep your content fresh by rotating different types of posts and using various marketing messages to share the many benefits of becoming an Avon Representative.
Avon Team Building Tips
Avon Recruiting Tips
- Emily’s 10 Avon Recruiting Quick Tips
- Avon Recruiting Blog Template
- How to Get Avon Leads at Table Events
- Promoting Avon Online and on Social Media
- How to Convert Avon Leads Like a Boss
- 5 Tips for Promoting the Avon Beauty Boss Campaign
- How to Recruit Avon Representatives Like a Boss
- How to Recruit Avon Reps Online using the Social Media Center
- Avon Online Recruiting 101
- Emily’s 8 Avon Recruiting Tips
- Avon Recruiting and Leadership Tips Online
- How to Recruit Avon Representatives Online
- Recruit Avon Reps Online using Buffer
Avon Leadership and Recruiting Tools
- New Avon Representative Tips and Information
- Welcome to Avon Email for New Representatives
- Getting your Avon Business Started for New Reps
- How to Place your First Avon Order for New Reps
- Welcome to Avon Leadership Email
- 3 Helpful Avon Leadership Emails – Pending, Inactivity, and Removals
- Sell Avon Recruiting Brochure Labels
- Avon So Easy To Love Tear Tab Recruiting Flyer
- Sell Avon Tear Tabs Recruiting Flyer
- Avon Online Appointment Flyer
- Avon Beautiful Stories Recruiting Flyer
- Avon Table Tents
- Words to Use on Social Media
Avon Leadership and Recruiting Quick Tips
- Use the power of 3 everyday in person and online. Connect with 3 new people and talk about your Avon business. You don’t have to come off as pushy or give a sales pitch when talking about Avon…just discuss your experience and why you love selling Avon. People will sense your excitement and want to become a part of your team.
- Offer 3 opportunities to every person you touch with your Avon business: 1) to buy from you face-to-face, 2) to sign up on your team, and 3) to buy from you online.
- Spend as much time as you do on selling activities on recruiting and leadership…you’ll be amazed how fast your team grows.
- Include your Avon Representative Reference code with instructions on how to sign up online on all of the materials you hand out including brochures.
- Recognize your team for sales, recruiting, and achieving incentives. A little bit of recognition goes a long way. Recognize your team through phone calls, emails, and on social media.
- Write blogs about the Avon opportunity. You never know what someone might be searching the Internet for and come across your article.
- Use the Avon incentives to get your team excited about growing their businesses.
- Provide your team members with tools and knowledge about how to recruit and build their team, don’t just tell them that they need to do it.
- Talk about the President’s Club and leadership often with your team. If you write a newsletter for your team, be sure to include information about the President’s Recognition Program and leadership each time. Work with your team members who are interested in leadership and those who are selling $200 or more per campaign.
- Come up with your own incentives for your team. I have an incentive for everyone who moves in title to Unit Leader…when they advance, I mail them out the “View from the Top” book.
About Emily Seagren
Emily Seagren has been an Avon Representative since January 2008. She sells at the Inner Circle level (over $220,000 annually), owns a Licensed Avon Beauty Center, Avon Store Rockford, Illinois (#3 in the nation), and is a Gold Leader with over 1,200 team members nationwide (top 25 teams in the nation). In 2019, her nationwide team of reps, Avon Team Momentum, sold $2.6 million worth of products.
Emily has grown her business using non-traditional methods such as social media, email marketing, blogging, videos, YouTube, and Facebook. In 2018 and 2019, Emily sold over $100,000 of Avon online each year.
In 2015, Emily was awarded the prestigious award of Avon Woman of Enterprise. The Avon Woman of Enterprise award is presented to the Avon Representative who not only is leading and growing a successful Avon business, but does so while being a role model for other Representatives through her embodiment of the Avon Values of Belief, Integrity, Respect, Trust and Humility. Among the many North America Avon business owners, Avon selects only one Representative to receive this annual award.
Emily has earned over 30 all-expense-paid trips to Hawaii, Punta Cana, Cancun, Puerto Rico, Hollywood, San Diego, Las Vegas, New York, Orlando, a cruise to the Bahamas, and a cruise to Alaska in her 12-year career. In July 2014, Emily had brain surgery to remove a benign tumor. She was especially grateful at this time that she had built a big Avon business that produces when she cannot work. Emily is the owner of Makeup Marketing Online. She provides free marketing tips and training to Avon Reps across the country through blog posts and videos listed at www.makeupmarketers.com and www.youtube.com/user/
Annual Team Sales
• 2013 – $379,126
• 2014 – $513,687
• 2015 – $559,259
• 2016 – $1,272,181
• 2017 – $2,021,771
• 2018 – $3,009,240
• 2019 – $2,575,423
Annual Personal Online Sales
• 2013 – $13,813
• 2014 – $46,908
• 2015 – $67,143
• 2016 – $83,335
• 2017 – $88,379
• 2018 – $130,634
• 2019 – $103,142
Total Personal Sales (Includes Online)
• 2013 – $230,140
• 2014 – $193,033
• 2015 – $176,480
• 2016 – $193,482
• 2017 – $186,413
• 2018 – $282,196
• 2019 – $229,482